Trek’s 1120 is a bikepacker’s dream. A rugged all-terrain frame, 29+ tyres, an included rack system, and mountain-ready spec like a 1x drivetrain add up to a touring bike with unlimited off-road capability. This bike is built to explore the most extreme back-country destinations in the furthest reaches of the world. Furthermore, it’s great for fast overnight bikepacking trips and sub-24s, too.
It’s right for you if…
You live for freedom, value self reliance and want a ride for bikepacking and off-road touring in places where other bikes simply can’t take you. 1120 is for the crazy among us and those who feel most at home under the stars. If filling in the last uncharted parts of the map is your thing, 1120 is the thing to do it on.
The tech you get
- A Stache-inspired Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with an adjustable rear Stranglehold Dropout. Thus making it easier to dial in your geometry and convert to singlespeed,
- A carbon fork,
- Trek’s all-new proprietary rack system and included bag holsters for 8-litre dry bags of your choice,
- A 1×11 Shimano drivetrain,
- 29+ tyres
- A Bontrager Drop Line dropper post that makes it easy to mount, dismount and descend while loaded.
Why you’ll love it
- This bike expands boundaries and lets you escape, and it’s equipped with the right spec so you can just pack it and go
- The included rack and harness system makes it easy to secure the 8-litre dry bags of your choice in the rear rack and additional bags up front for the best packing balance
- So many mounting features let you set up your ideal expedition ride as you see fit
- It’s also a fantastic mountain bike – if you’re looking to shred, pull off the racks and it’s every bit as capable as our award-winning Stache
The final word
The bike you get if you’re after real adventures. Every part of 1120 is made for better bikepacking and built to take on the burliest trails you can find. Included racks, a trail-specific spec and 29+ wheels make 1120 the perfect shred sled for epic exploration.