The Checkpoint AL 3 may be the introductory gravel bike in the line-up, but it’s packed with features that make it a worthy choice for new and experienced gravel grinders alike. It has a lightweight aluminium frame, a Shimano drivetrain, thru axles and Tubeless Ready wheels. Furthermore it has disc brakes for better braking power in all weather conditions.
Checkpoint AL 3 is right for you if…
You’ve heard about the new frontier of gravel riding and want to dip your toes into the grit with an affordable, capable ride that can meet your all-road adventure aspirations. I will also function as your daily commuter.
The tech you get
- A 200 Series Alpha Aluminium frame with massive tyre clearance,
- a carbon disc fork,
- 12mm thru axles,
- a 2×9 Shimano Sora drivetrain,
- mudguard and rack mounts,
- Tektro mechanical disc brakes for all-weather stopping power,
- Tubeless Ready wheels, and 700×32 Bontrager R1 Hard-Case Lite tyres.
Why you’ll love it
- This bike is exceedingly versatile and suited to a wide variety of ride styles, including gravel rides, bikepacking, and daily commutes
- Massive tyre clearance means you can use tyres up to 35c for extra traction and stability in any condition
- Mounts on the seat tube and both sides of the down tube make it easy to carry extra gear and water
- Internal routing protects your cables, even when the gravel gets muddy
The final word on the Checkpoint AL 3:
A rugged all-road ride for gravel adventures, daily commutes, touring, and more! The Checkpoint gives you all the capability of a true gravel bike at a price that leaves cash in your pocket for camp site fees, race entries, and post-adventure fun.