Domane AL 2 is the perfect gateway to comfortable road cycling. Firstly, it’s stable and light. Furthermore it’s easy to accessorise and fun to ride. All of which makes it the ideal choice for anyone looking for a great first experience with a real road bike.
It’s right for you if…
You’re a value-minded rider testing the waters of road cycling. You want a drop-bar bike that’s an upgrade in feel, speed and efficiency. You would prefer a drop-bar road bike over a flat-bar hybrid or mountain bike. Consequently the Domane AL 2 is a great choice if you’re new to the road and want a quality road bike that you won’t immediately outgrow.
The tech you get
- The Shimano drivetrain has 16 speeds.
- The shifters are integrated into the brake levers so your hands never have to leave the bars.
- The wide range of gears makes it easier to ride terrain that varies in elevation.
- The lightweight Alpha Aluminium frame has mounts for a rack and mudguards and a carbon fork. This is a feature that’s not typically available in road bikes at this price point.
Why you’ll love it
- It’s a real road bike at a great price, and it gets you into the world of road cycling without a giant price tag
- It’s built according to Trek’s performance heritage and backed by a lifetime warranty
- The stable Endurance Geometry delivers comfort and confidence
- The unique IsoSpeed Carbon fork, which swoops forward toward the dropouts, absorbs vibrations from the road so your arms won’t fatigue as quickly
The final word
Above all the Trek Domane AL 2 is an ideal, comfort-first introduction to road riding. It’s made for a great fit that’s fast but not as aggressive as those you see in the Tour de France. Finally, it’s backed by Trek’s lifetime warranty.