Émonda ALR 5 is fast, light, responsive and balanced – everything a quality aluminium road bike should be. But it also has the sleek looks of a far more expensive carbon bike. Upgrades on parts that make a big difference in performance, like the dependable Shimano 105 drivetrain, make it a smart choice for racing, club rides and more.
It’s right for you if…
You may be new to the road bike scene, but you know you’ve found your home. You want a dependable, lightweight race bike for longer, faster rides and want a high-end ride quality at a great price.
The tech you get
- A lightweight 300 Series Alpha Aluminium frame with shaped tubes and Invisible Weld Technology.
- A carbon fork that absorbs vibration from the road,
- Powerful direct-mount rim brakes,
- Bontrager Affinity Tubeless Ready wheels
- A full 2×11 Shimano 105 drivetrain for precise and dependable shifting.
Why you’ll love it
- Carbon looks and handling, alloy price point: Invisible Weld Technology and shaped tubes for sleek looks, light weight and incredible handling
- It’s a great-looking bike at a great price, and it performs way out of its league
- Like every Émonda, it’s built to be the lightest and fastest in its class and backed by our lifetime warranty
- It shares the geometry of our highest-end carbon Émonda racing bikes, and it gives you a ride quality that stands up in every way to far more expensive carbon bikes
- Internal cable routing extends the life of your cables and adds to the bike’s sleek look
The final word
It’s both a great starting point for new riders and fully capable of seriously competitive group rides. Émonda ALR 5 is a lightweight aluminium ride at an amazing value, with a dependable Shimano drivetrain that will hold up for thousands of fast miles.