Made with lightweight ALUXX SL aluminium technology, the Contend SL 1 frame set features balanced geometry. This geometry gives the bike an agile yet confident ride. Most noteworthy is the fact that the rear end of the bike is designed for quick acceleration. While the front end puts the rider in a confident position for maximum efficiency and control. Above all, technologies including the D-Fuse composite seat-post adds road-smoothing compliance. Therefore reducing fatigue and maximising rider comfort. Furthermore the added frame clearance allows you to run wider tires up to 28c.
KEY PERFORMANCE FACTORS
BALANCED ROAD GEOMETRY: The Frame is specifically engineered to produce a balanced, all-rounder feel. This blends confident rider positioning with agile cornering and acceleration.
SMOOTH RIDE QUALITY: Innovative D-Fuse composite seatpost design reduces road shocks and vibrations. It gives a smooth ride quality that improves comfort and minimises fatigue.
TOTAL CONTROL: Seamless disc brake integration including flat mounts and 12mm front and rear thru-axles produces more consistent braking power. Thus giving you better control, even in wet weather and rough roads.
- ALUXX SL-grade frame with D-Fuse composite seatpost
- Carbon-Composite fork with alloy OverDrive steerer
- Shimano 105 11-speed componentry with Tektro rim brakes
- Giant PR-2 wheelset with Giant P-R3 AC tyres
- Colour: Gloss Black / Matte Carbon Smoke* / Apple Green (*Carbon ‘Smoke’ paint finish = semi-opaque coating for subtler carbon detail)