Marlin 6 is a quality introductory cross country mountain bike with front suspension and an upgraded 2×8 drivetrain. It’s light, simple, and easy to use. Furthermore it’s built in Trek’s trail heritage, but also equipped with features like mounts for a rack and kickstand that make it a great choice for daily commuters.
Available in 4 colour choices: Slate, Alpine Blue, Aloha Green or Matte Mulberry
The Marlin 6 is right for you if…
You’re testing the waters of off-road riding, and want a real mountain bike at great value, with a wide range of gears to cover more ground on the road and trail.
The tech you get
- A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame with internal routing. This protects your cables and adds to the bike’s sleek look.
- It has an efficient 2×8 drivetrain,
- Hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes and
- A suspension fork with 100 mm of travel and a lockout feature that lets you temporarily lock the suspension for better efficiency while climbing.
Why you’ll love it
- The 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Smaller frame sizes (XS and S) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- It has separate brake and gear levers (a feature that’s common on more expensive mountain bikes) so you can fine-tune the positioning for comfort
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every Trek, it’s backed by a lifetime warranty
The final word on the Marlin 6:
Performance features like suspension lockout, stronger double-walled rims and hydraulic disc brakes. It’s also equipped with rack and kickstand mounts and a wide range of gears. These design details make it a great choice if your mountain bike doubles as your commuter.