The Marlin 7 is where race-worthy mountain bikes begin. The smooth, lightweight RockShox fork and upgraded parts make this model the best choice for new riders who want a great cross country hardtail that will hold its own against our higher-end race bikes.
3 colour choices available: Viper Red, Miami Green or Emerald Iris.
The Marlin 7 is right for you if…
- You’re new to the trail but have serious single-track aspirations!
- You want a race-worthy mountain bike with upgrades on the parts that make a big difference in performance,
- You’d like a higher-quality suspension fork.
The tech you get
- Firstly, a lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame with internal derailleur routing to protect your cables and add to the bike’s sleek look,
- Above all, a high-quality RockShox fork with a lockout feature and 100 mm of travel,
- A 27-speed drivetrain
- A low-profile Shimano Shadow rear derailleur that’s made to avoid snagging on trail debris.
- Finally, the quality fork and parts make Marlin 7 fully capable of taking on off-road marathon rides and XC races.
Why you’ll love it
- All the value, plus all the versatility – it’s a totally race-worthy mountain bike, with rear rack mounts if you use it for commuting too
- It’s really fun to ride, and feels like a much more expensive mountain bike
- Great suspension at an even better price
- The 2x drivetrain gives you all the gears you need and none you don’t
- Like every Trek, it’s backed by a lifetime warranty
The final word on the Marlin 7
The RockShox suspension and wider range of gearing make it the best choice in the Marlin line-up for new mountain bikers who know that they want a serious bike for their money. t’s fully capable of taking on off-road marathon rides and XC races.