Remedy 8 hits the sweet spot in performance and value in the all-mountain category. Firstly it has a lightweight alloy frame. Also it has SRAM GX Eagle component spec. Furthermore you get a premium RockShox Lyrik 160 mm fork and 150 mm rear shock which make it the ideal ride for shredders who want a ridiculously capable mountain bike for ridiculously fun trails.
It’s right for you if…
You like getting rowdy on rough trails. Likewise, your wheels leave the ground often, and you want an alloy bike that’s durable enough to handle whatever you throw at it. You don’t shy away from gnarly trails. Your bike shouldn’t either.
The tech you get
- A light and tough Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame,
- A 160 mm RockShox Lyrik RC fork and 150 mm of rear travel with an exclusive RE:aktiv rear shock.
- Plus, a SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed drivetrain,
- SRAM Guide R four-piston hydraulic disc brakes for more stopping power,
- A Bontrager Line dropper post
- Bontrager Line Comp 30 wheels with a 54-tooth Rapid Drive hub for fast engagement.
Why you’ll love it
- This is Trek’s best blend of performance and value in the Remedy family: an Alpha Platinum Aluminium frame with the same spec as much higher-end bikes makes this model a smokin’ deal
- RE:aktiv damping keeps the shock firm for efficient pedalling and pumping, and instantly soaks up bumps to keep you in control
- It surfs down rough trails and conquers jumps with sure-footed confidence, then flies back to the top with its extra-low 50-tooth climbing gear
- The shifter-style, underbar remote dropper post lever is super intuitive and easy to use
The final word
It’s Trek’s highest-end aluminium Remedy. The durable alloy frame, 27.5˝ wheels, and premium suspension make it the perfect ride to dish out and stand up to some serious abuse on the trail. Finally, if you’re measuring your rides in rad per pound, you won’t do better than the Remedy 8.