Above all the Trek Roscoe 24 is a mid-fat children’s mountain bike designed to build confidence on the trail. It takes cues from the adult Roscoe, but this ride was built from the ground up for children. 2.8˝ mid-fat tyres, a 1x drivetrain and a wide-range cassette make Roscoe the ideal bike for little rippers who want to build skills. They’ll certainly have a ridiculous amount of fun keeping up with Mum, Dad or an older sibling. Fit for riders 50–63˝ (127–160 cm) tall.
It’s right for you if…
Your little shredder is ready to hop off the neighbourhood streets and onto the trail. Also you want to get them started the right way with a real-deal mountain bike that builds skills and confidence from the outset. If you’re looking to teach your little one the wisdom of the trail, there’s no better teaching tool than Roscoe.
The tech you get
- A durable Alpha Aluminium frame with a sloping top tube for added clearance,
- 24˝ wheels with mid-fat 2.8˝ tyres for added traction and stability,
- A 1×8 Shimano drivetrain with a wide-range cassette for hills and technical sections,
- Mechanical disc brakes and
- Loads of thoughtful details borrowed from adult MTB tech, like a closed front dropout and a tucked-in rear brake caliper. Consequently when children drop their Roscoe it doesn’t mean an automatic trip to the shop for a replacement part.
Why you’ll love it
- There’s no family outing as fun as a trail session! Furthermore Roscoe is the ideal children’s bike for building great memories
- This isn’t a small adult bike. It’s built from the ground up for children, by people who know exactly what works for them, and what doesn’t
- When you’re learning to ride, simplicity is best. A 1×8 drivetrain lets children focus on keeping the rubber side down
- The child-specific frame geometry has a sloping top tube that makes it easier to hop on and off
- The rear brake caliper is tucked into the frame to help prevent damage from laying the bike down
The final word
Give a child a Roscoe and you’ll make a mountain biker for life. Mid-fat tyres and a wealth of child-specific design details make this bike the perfect introduction to the trail. If your little one is ready to tag along when you hit the singletrack, this is the child-friendly setup that’s made to build confidence, skills and a healthy obsession with the world’s greatest activity.