Marlin 5 Women’s is a trail-worthy daily rider that’s perfectly suited for everyday adventures, on and off the trail. A front suspension fork, a frame and parts designed specifically for women, 21 speeds and mounts for a rack and kickstand make it an ideal choice for new trail riders or anyone looking for a comfortable, stable commuter with the ruggedness of a real mountain bike. .
- You’re new to the trail
- You want a serious mountain bike that doubles as a commuter
- You also side with women who prefer the fit and feel of a bike made specifically for them.
- and you want it all at exceptional value
The tech you get
- A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame.
- A sloping top tube on smaller sizes for better stand-over height and more confidence on the trail.
- Touchpoints – like the saddle, bars and grips – that provide a better fit for women from the start.
- 21 speeds, so you never need to pedal too hard or gently on terrain that varies in elevation.
- Hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes.
- A suspension fork with 100 mm of travel – that’s the same amount favoured by most cross-country racers.
The final word
A trail-tough mountain bike built specifically for women. It’s built according to Trek’s MTB heritage, and is more than capable of taking on trail adventures. But it’s also versatile. It’s a popular ride on college campuses because the rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise and carry a load.
Why you’ll love it
- It’s a real mountain bike that’s also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus or just getting from A to B on any surface
- Smaller frame sizes (13.5˝ and 15.5˝) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- It has separate brake and gear levers (a feature that’s common on more expensive mountain bikes) so you can fine-tune the positioning for comfort
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every Trek, it’s backed by a lifetime warranty.