Marlin 5 is a trail-worthy daily rider that’s perfectly suited for everyday adventures, on and off the trail. A front suspension fork with 100 mm of travel, 21 speeds and mounts for a rack and kickstand make it an ideal choice for new trail riders or anyone looking for a comfortable, stable commuter with the ruggedness of a real mountain bike.
The Marlin 5 is now available in 3 colour choices: Black, Volt Green and Teal.
- You’re new to the trail
- You want a serious mountain bike that doubles as a commuter
- and you want it all at exceptional value.
The tech you get
- A lightweight Alpha Silver Aluminium frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike’s sleek look.
- 21 speeds, so you never need to pedal too hard or gently on terrain that varies in elevation.
- Hydraulic disc brakes that feel smoother than mechanical disc brakes.
- A suspension fork with 100 mm of travel – that’s the same amount favoured by most cross-country racers.
Why you’ll love the Marlin 5
- It’s a real mountain bike that’s also perfectly suited to daily commutes, rides around campus or just getting from A to B on any surface
- Smaller frame sizes (XS – 13.5˝ and S – 15.5˝) have short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- It has separate brake and gear levers (a feature that’s common on more expensive mountain bikes) so you can fine-tune the positioning for comfort
- Rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise, so your mountain bike can double as a rugged commuter
- Like every Trek, it’s backed by a lifetime warranty.
The final word
Built in Trek’s MTB heritage, and more than capable of taking on trail adventures. But it’s also versatile. The Marlin 5 is a popular ride on college campuses because the rack and kickstand mounts make it easy to accessorise and carry a load.