Trek’s X-Caliber 8 is a cross-country mountain bike made for fast laps and long days on the trail. It’s built with special attention to value and the parts that make the biggest difference in performance. A Shimano drivetrain, RockShox fork and hydraulic disc brakes make it a great choice for new mountain bikers and XC racers searching for fast, fun, single-track adventure.
It’s right for you if…
- Firstly, you’re looking for a fast mountain bike for single-track
- So, you’d like a bike that’s fully capable of taking on races, marathons and competitive group rides.
- Finally, you want something that is reliable and fun with dependable, lightweight parts.
The tech you get
- A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminium frame,
- A RockShox 30 Silver suspension fork with a lockout and an air spring that’s lighter and more adjustable than a coil spring,
- Bontrager Kovee Tubeless Ready wheels with Boost141 hub spacing
- A smooth, efficient Shimano Deore/XT 2×10 drivetrain
- A Shimano XT Shadow rear derailleur, which stays tucked out of the way to avoid snagging on trail debris.
The final word
With the X-Caliber 8, you’re getting a performance frame paired with performance parts. Above all, a RockShox air fork and a rear derailleur that’s the gold standard for MTB performance and reliability. Furthermore, it’s equipped with durable, lightweight alloy rims that save weight and are easy to upgrade to tubeless.
Why you’ll love it
- It has the price of a more basic hardtail and the performance of a more expensive one
- The RockShox air fork can be tuned to the rider’s weight, so you always have a custom ride that’s right for you
- The frame is fully compatible with higher-end parts, like race wheels and a dropper post, if you ever find the need to upgrade
- Smart Wheel Sizing means you’ll get the fastest wheel that fits (29˝ wheels on larger frames, 27.5˝ wheels on smaller frames)